Edmund Kronenburg (高能博)
Edmund Kronenburg is an Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore) and Solicitor (England and Wales). He began his legal career in dispute resolution and arbitration at Drew & Napier in 1996 and became the Managing Partner of Braddell Brothers LLP (Singapore’s third-oldest law practice) in September 2009.
As litigation counsel, Edmund is actively engaged in trial and appellate advocacy at all levels of the Singapore Courts, predominantly in the High Court and Court of Appeal. He has also been instructed as Counsel. Edmund has argued against a variety of Senior Counsel in trials and other hearings, and against Queen's Counsel, successfully, in an appeal before the Singapore High Court in July 2012. Edmund is privileged to be an invited Honorary Overseas Member of both COMBAR (Commercial Bar Association), England and the Chancery Bar Association, England.
Since 2010, Edmund and his team have been instructed on no less than 7 Worldwide Mareva Injunctions / Freezing Injunctions with a combined value of approx. USD 1 billion.
As arbitration counsel, Edmund has handled over 30 international arbitrations and has garnered recognition for his work in the Legal 500 (Asia Pacific), Chambers & Partners (Global & Asia-Pacific), AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers and BestLawyers rankings / practice guides. In particular, Chambers & Partners has reported that Edmund “has an established track record acting as counsel on corporate and commercial litigations. One impressed client reported: "I found his arguments to be sound, he achieved the results I wanted him to achieve. He doesn't delegate and walk away. He follows up with everything and gives you a good tight response time”, that Edmund "is a deeply experienced litigator who is well versed in commercial disputes and provides sound advice to his clients." He is also praised for his "ability to anticipate the reactions of the opposing party, thus helping clients to counter such reactions appropriately”, and also that he “has the ability to think beyond the conventional and has brilliant ideas in terms of legal strategy."
Edmund also sits as an arbitrator. He was recently appointed Presiding Arbitrator in a VIAC (Vietnam) arbitration as well as a party-appointed arbitrator in a BANI (Indonesia) arbitration. He has also been appointed sole arbitrator in various ad-hoc arbitrations by the appointing authority under the Singapore International Arbitration Act (i.e. the President of the Court of the SIAC).
Edmund’s detailed CV is available at : http://braddellbrothers.com/edmund.html
Arbitration Fellowships / Memberships
· Fellow & Approved Teaching Faculty Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
· Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
· Fellow, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
· Fellow, Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand (AMINZ)
· Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators (HKIArb)
· Fellow, Philippine Institute of Arbitrators (PIArb)
· Member, International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
· Member, London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Asia Pacific Users’ Council
· Member, Asia-Pacific Forum for International Arbitration (AFIA)
· Member, Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
· Member, Russian Arbitration Association (RAA)
· Panel of Arbitrators, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration, Malaysia (KLRCA)
· Panel of Arbitrators, BANI Arbitration Centre, Indonesia (BANI)
· Panel of Arbitrators, Thai Arbitration Institute (TAI)
· List of Arbitrators, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
· Roster of Arbitrators, The Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei, Taiwan (CAA)
· List of Practitioners in International Arbitration, Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC)
· Panel of Arbitrators, Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation (IIAM)
· Panel of Arbitrators, Vietnam International Arbitration Centre (VIAC)
· Panel of Arbitrators, Vietnam Lawyers’ Commercial Arbitration Centre (VLCAC)
· Panel of Foreign Arbitrators, Philippine Dispute Resolution Center (PDRC)
· Panel of Arbitrators, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)